On May 29th, our sweet Amelia officially turned ONE! How time flies when the baby is outside of the belly!
I stole this post idea from Lori over at I Can Grow People. She does them pretty regularly for her son Porter. Perhaps she will too for his new sister when she finally enters the world!
What Amelia is Wearing These Days:
- 12-18 month clothes!
- Size 5 diapers.
- An amazing number of ADORABLE summer dresses!
- I gave up on shoes…
What Amelia is Eating:
- EVERYTHING! Food, Connor’s toys, rocks, grass…
- Homemade baby food still, but a lot more table food, especially crackers and breads.
- Slowing adding cow milk to her bottles of mama milk. I am DONE pumping!
- Birthday cake!
What Amelia Likes These Days:
- Changing the channel on the remote when Daddy is watching TV
- Chewing on her brother’s toys… still
- Playing with everything she isn’t supposed to – electrical cords, remotes, magazines…
- Trying to escape, frequently can be found making a break for the door.
- Shaking her head “no”.
What Amelia Doesn’t Like These Days:
- Being bored at dinner. If she doesn’t have something to feed herself/play with, she is cranky.
- Being changed/dressed on her changing table
What Amelia is Doing:
- Crawling – everywhere
- Climbing, especially into the dishwasher – lots of baby gates around the stairs.
- Pulling herself and standing, again, everywhere… high chair, tub, toilet…
- Making puddles with the cat’s water bowls.
- Babbling with purpose… “dada” a lot. I swear I have heard a few “I love you”s and “all done”s.
What We Are Working On:
- Sleeping a little bit later than 4:30. Fortunately she goes back to sleep and allows me to get some coffee and take a shower. But still it would be nice to sleep past 5 am.
- More verbal directions. Instead of just redirecting her behavior or removing her from situations (like the cat’s water bowl) we are telling her “no” and giving her a chance to change her behavior. Yes, she mostly just pouts!
I think I need to do these a little more often. She is changing and developing so quickly!