Happy Friday! This week was the first week back for the students where I work and Connor’s first week at preschool (and our new schedule).
Ann and Connor’s High Five for Friday: The preschool edition!
1. Our first “First Day of School” picture! He was pretty cooperative about the whole thing, especially since I was tearing up while I was doing it. A special thanks to 3Dinosaurs.com for the cool printables!
2. New food for Connor to try. My super picky eater does associate time and place with certain foods. He will say things, like “waffles are for the sitter’s” and won’t eat them at home. I am hopeful that he will see other kids eating new and different foods and be willing to try them. They have a GREAT food program and I have already talked to his teacher about not doing any substitutions for him or he will never try anything new.
3. First art projects came home. Connor loves “crafts”, but it is harder and harder to do with Amelia being so mobile yet still eating everything she comes in contact with. She would rather eat a crayon than color with it! I am very excited for someone to teach him how to use scissors. My attempts at helping him master this skill have failed miserably!
4. More outside time for Connor. At the sitter’s they usually spend the mornings inside doing breakfast/snack/lunch and then naps before they head outside. Because his day care has so much more staff, they can send the kids outside in the morning and between meals.
5. Finally, I am super excited to have my child enrolled in a program that I have been a part of long before I got pregnant! When we moved to town, I was already familiar with the program, but disappointed to discover that they didn’t have infant care because of the limitations of the building. I joined the board of directors to help the organization grow and fill that need in the community. I have been fortunate to be able to contribute to the organization, help them to build a new building and add two new programs – infant care and second shift care. Ironically, both of my kids have aged out of infant care! It is a great next step for Connor!