Today, Amelia is TWO!!!! TWO! Did you see that correctly??? TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I can hardly believe how the time has flown. She continues to amaze me everyday. So unlike her brother- she is independent and gets into any trouble she can find. She can’t get close enough to her brother. She wants to be like him, play with his things, wear his clothes – every second. Until she changes her mind!
I stole this post idea from Lori over at I Can Grow People. She does them for her son Porter and her daughter Quinn.
What Amelia is Wearing These Days:
- Mostly 24 months but she often needs 18 month pants. She has got some short legs! She has a few 2T and 3T shirts and dresses that fit well.
- Still size 5 diapers and thinking a lot about potty training!
- All the shoes! She still wears size 4 and gets a bit trippy when she wears her size five so I try to keep her in those smaller sneakers.
What Amelia is Eating:
- She continues to be a really good eater although she does get stuck on certain things – like one night she only wanted chicken.
- She still loves fruits and veggies.
- She takes her time at dinner which frustrates the heck out of her brother. Once she sees dessert, there is no going back.
What Amelia Likes These Days:
- Minnie Mouse. She went nuts when she saw the Disney collection at Kohl’s.
- Baby dolls – taking care of them, pushing them in a stroller, shushing them to sleep.
What Amelia Doesn’t Like These Days:
- Sleeping through the night – Like for real! She is TWO! When does this start happening? I am TIRED!
What Amelia is Doing:
- Everything her brother does
- Putting on her own shoes and going outside by herself <Gasp!>
- Playing with the water table
- Picking the flowers in my garden
- Following a lot of verbal directions
- Swinging on the big kid swing by herself
- Using the potty!
- Sharing with her brother (at least better than before)
What Amelia is saying:
- Mama/Daddy – this sort of blended label – at least one of should respond, right?
- Repeating lots of things – especially pictures of things in books (apple, bunny, cookie, fish, truck)
- Is this mine? She just needs to know. Like when I am doing the laundry, she asks when I am folding her clothes, and then just responds with a quick – “K” and off she goes.
- And what she can’t say, she points and carries on until we figure it out.
- Sleeping through the night (OMG – PLEASE!)
- Staying safe. She will go outside by her self, climb up on everything or grabbing everything that is supposed to be out of her reach.
- Potty training will be in full force once we are back from a quick vacation (I am not nuts!)