I am all about birthday party themes! This year I decided to do two parties for the kids, one for family and one for kids. So naturally, I needed two entirely different themes! For the family, I did a Rainbow Birthday Party.
For our families, summer birthdays are really just big cookouts with presents for the kids so all of my rainbows were focused on food and decorations.
Rainbow Birthday Party Menu:
- Chicken and beef kabobs with red tomatoes, orange, yellow and green peppers and purple onions.
- A big fruit and vegetable tray with red strawberries, orange carrots and cantaloupe, yellow pineapple and green broccoli, blueberries and purple grapes with white fruit and veggie dips.
- Clear bowls full of bright M&Ms and rainbow fishy crackers.
- Pasta salad with tricolor rotini, shredded orange carrots and purple cabbage. We looked in three different grocery stores and couldn’t find tricolor tortellini!
- Pink lemonade with sliced lemon, limes and oranges
Rainbow Birthday Party Decorations:
- Rainbow bunting made with colored copy paper
- Our collection of tissue paper flowers left over from last year’s birthday parties and that have been decorating the top of the curtains in Connor’s play room.
- Bright colored plastic silverware, napkins and paper plates.
Rainbow Birthday Party CAKE!!!!
We have all seen some variation of this on Pinterest – and it really was inspiration of the whole party! It wasn’t quite as time consuming as it looks. The more pans you use the better! And about twice the frosting that you think you will need.