Alfie, our Elf on the Shelf has been a pretty busy little guy this past week!
Last weekend he brought some magic seeds back from the North Pole just like he did last year. Last year the magic seeds grew into candy canes, but this year, the grew into these marshmallow treats. Connor recognized that they were the same kind of treat that Santa had given the kids when they went to visit him at a local store. A happy accident on my part!
Alfie arrived with the same EXACT letter from Alfie as he did last year. Funny enough, the behavior reminders that Alfie gave Connor and Amelia were still applicable to this year. He reminded Connor to eat his dinner and Amelia to sleep through the night!
Magic seeds planted in sugar
Another time Alfie also brought a letter from Santa complementing Connor and Amelia about their good behavior, but also providing some reminders about things they need to work on. Neither one of the children appeared to be listening. Alfie also built himself a chair out of legos at two in the morning. ‘Cause clearly he wasn’t thinking very clearly at that hour. Alfie also fell out of his chair a couple of times which sent Connor right over the edge. We have to be very careful not to let Alfie fall.
Alfie liked to hide in the tree amongst the decorations which made him a bit trickier to find!
Alfie decided a bubble bath full of marshmallows would be a very relaxing way to spend his time. Daddy helped Alfie get the marshmallows out of the cupboard. Alfie and his bubble bath were found in the Amelia’s room where the cats hardly ever go so the marshmallows were safe! (They also made for a tasty breakfast for the kids the next morning!)
A great landing spot for an elf – the jingle bell wreath!
Connor was completely blown away that Alfie spelled his name with his blocks! Daddy has been very helpful lately! I wonder if he may take over elf duty full time next year???
Alfie has a lot more in store for Connor and Amelia for the last few days leading up to Christmas before he returns home to the North Pole with Santa. Next year I totally need a calendar to plan things out in advance!!!
Alfie, our Elf on the Shelf, has been very busy lately. He still has some last minute landings – like in the light fixture over the bathroom mirror – but you don’t need to see a photo of that! Here are 5 of his latest adventures for High Five for Friday!
1. Last weekend, Alfie decided to take a pirate ship out for a ride!
2. Alfie was very excited that some of the Christmas decorations came out of storage and that the stockings were hung up. While he landed in Connor’s stocking, Connor thought it would be pretty neat if he also landed in the rest of the family’s stockings as well – (ummm – yeah! I am all over that!)
3. For this one, I blatantly stole the idea from a post over at The Jenny Evolution where she gives credit here. It is great to see everyone’s different ideas, but sometimes they seem so impossible. But this one I could totally do, just like they did! I have found that setting up some of Alfie’s adventures on this large wooden tray has helped a lot. I can still place the tray up high away from little hands (and maybe some cats) although the cats for the most part seem to be leaving Alfie alone. Maybe the cats see something at night that we don’t???
4. Alfie also took a ride on Rudolph the reindeer! Connor was adamant that only Alfie flew to the North Pole and that his reindeer couldn’t fly!
Connor has been asking lots of questions about all the other elves that visit other kid’s houses. Apparently he heard that some of the other elves are messy. He was very quick to clarify that his friends’ houses aren’t messy – it is just the elf getting into trouble. He seemed glad that our elf didn’t make any messes! Thank goodness indeed!
5. However, I think he might be trying to eat out snowman from the gingerbread house………..
Our Elf on the Shelf, Alfie, is definitely being a little more thoughtful this year. He isn’t just flying landing on various hanging plants anymore. It helps that my husband just watered and I didn’t want to get Alfie muddy! He arrived last Sunday and has been pretty busy since!
Alfie landed with a large stack of books and a note that read that he had wrapped up all of their winter and Christmas books. Mommy and Daddy could decide if they had been good and they could open one to read at bedtime. I had done this before and I didn’t know if Connor might figure out that I had wrapped them up – but he seems to be so enthralled he just believes! I also just got our Scholastic order in and there are a few more books to add later on!
Alfie was much riskier! He decided to land in Amelia’s room where both kids now sleep! In fact he decided to try on the outfit that Amelia wore home from the hospital and it hanging on her wall. Connor was just beside himself that Alfie was able to fly in and out of the room while he was sleeping.
Of course Connor would not go to sleep on Tuesday night so Dad was charged with “landing” Alfie on Wednesday morning at 3:00 am. Still – it was a hard one for Connor and Amelia to find.
I was very nervous about landing Alfie on the kid’s train table, but I did it in the far corner where I hoped Amelia couldn’t reach. So far she hasn’t touched him – although we have had a few close calls – Connor freaked out so much, I think she got the message!
I think Alfie has some more tricks up his little stuffed sleeve!
Sunday morning, Alfie, our Elf on the Shelf arrived! Connor was definitely ready for him! We had seen a few minutes of the special on TV the other night and he was starting to ask questions. Alfie landed on a big paper mache star that never got put away last Christmas and arrived with his book that we immediately read. Connor is very concerned about anybody touching him. Fortunately I was able to balance Alfie on the star to move him off the dining room table to eat dinner!
All the rules and regs you need!
Amelia saw him first! She brought him a can of diet soda. I guess she thought he looked thirsty from flying all the way from the North Pole. It took me several minutes to coax Connor into the dining room to see him.
Mom, he looks thirsty!
I love reading all the other elf ideas and blog posts, looking for ideas but as cool and creative as a lot of those posts are, we have some serious challenges!
- Amelia is 18 months old. She wants to touch the elf. He looks like a doll, her absolute FAVORITE thing right now.
- Amelia can climb!
- We only have one bathroom (with one toilet and one sink) and one kitchen with one sink. So all posts involving toilets and baths with marshmallows are out.
- We have three cats who think that any unattended food that is left out is theirs. Even food that is currently being attended to is theirs! So all ideas involving making food/marshmallows/cookies/pancakes are out.
- We don’t have a lot of high up spaces to create these fabulous scenes that the cats of baby can’t reach!
But Connor is totally into the magic that is Alfie and Amelia is clearly interested in the little guy so I have got to up my game this year!
Stay tuned for more Alfie ideas!